Technical Support Representative
Analogic Corporation – Richmond, BC
Want to join a team creating leading technology devices that save lives?
Analogic Corporation creates innovative technology that improves the practice of medicine and saves lives. Our ultrasound group designs and manufactures diagnostic ultrasound imaging systems and transducers that are sold to hospitals and researchers under BK and Sonix brands. With high-resolution image processing and state of the art image quality and user interfaces, our diagnostic ultrasound systems are designed to make ultrasound easy to use in specialized point-of-care markets, urology, surgery and procedure-driven applications. We also develop specialty transducers and ultrasound solutions for other major manufacturers under OEM agreements. To find out more, please visit www.bkmedical.com
Technical Support Representative – Regular Full-Time – Richmond, BC
Join our Ultrasonix Division of Richmond, BC and help us to continue improving the health of people around the world. We are a true team…where each voice is valued as we continue to learn/develop, pursue excellence together and have fun along the way!
The Technical Support Representative is responsible for assisting Analogic customers with inquiries for information, technical support, complaints, and requests for on-site service by various means including but not limited to telephone, E-mail and ‘Chat’ services and where applicable dispatching and overseeing Field Service Engineers or third party service providers to ensure high quality service standards. This is an office-based position that may involve shift work, rotating ‘On- Call’ phone, overtime on an as needed basis, and occasional travel to customer sites, trade shows, and training.
- Passion and desire for quality products
- Strong people skills.
- Leader by example.
- Desire to learn.
- Champion for continuous improvement.
- Ability to convert market requirements into product specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming requests for assistance by telephone, e-mail or chat;
- Troubleshoot and resolve product performance issues through remote communication methods;
- Dispatch, coordinate and support Field Service Personnel where applicable;
- Coordinate and oversee dispatch of parts to meet service objectives;
- Update and maintain service call records and customer information as outlined in Service Operating Procedures, e.g. SAP call records;
- Be proactive when communicating to customers;
- Support and assist in selling billable service.
- On occasion be dispatched to a customer site to assist in servicing our system.
- On occasion be requested to conduct service training
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in Windows XP & 7, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with difficult situations and demanding customers;
- Detail oriented, with good time management skills;
- Logical thinker with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Self- motivated with ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Strong technical abilities with prior troubleshooting experience in computer networks, PC hardware, and Windows operating system;
- Ability to learn new systems and technologies quickly;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Strong PC skills, proficient with MS Office and windows environments;
- Fluent in English with the ability to speak other languages such as French considered a definite asset;
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a technical customer support role, with direct customer contact, preferably within a global organization; more experienced candidates will also be considered.
- Previous medical device servicing experience or prior experience as a biomedical engineer; ultrasound background an asset.
- Previous experience working with SAP and Microsoft CRM databases preferred.
- A+ or MCSE preferred